Now you can get Windows XP Quick Launch bar in your Windows 10. Which lets you access your favourite files or folders or even apps with super ease right from the taskbar. Here’s how to get Windows XP Quick Launch bar in Windows 10.
We are living in the Windows 10 era. But it still lacks some classic features which were available in its older version(Windows XP) and users wish if they could have those features in newer versions of windows. Quick Launch bar is one of them. Though windows 10 has the Quick Launch bar, you have to activate it manually.
Why would I need that old XP Quick Launch bar?
Yes! That’s a valid question, especially when you are using windows 10 which is much more advanced than windows XP. So here’s the reason.
Ever since Windows 7 launched, which lets users pin frequently used apps in the taskbar. But does it look cool if your taskbar is clogged with apps and shortcuts? Don’t you want your clogged taskbar to be replaced by just a single Quick Launch bar? Obviously, you do.
Here are some easy steps to enable the Quick Launch Bar in Windows 10.
- 1. Start with the right-click on empty space in the taskbar. And a list of menus will appear, from those menus, you have to select Toolbar>New toolbar…
- 2. And then an explorer window will open, in which you have to enter the folder address given below and then press Enter.
%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
- 3. You will see the instant result in your taskbar. A quick launch bar will appear in far right side of your taskbar. But if you want it close to start button, keep reading.
In windows XP, Quick Launch bar used to be close to Start button, so if you want the same, just follow these simple steps.
- 1. Right-click on empty space in the taskbar, and then uncheck “Lock the taskbar”. This will let you move items in the taskbar.
- 2. Hold the Quick Launch bar and move it to left most position, it will be placed right after Cortana(Search).
- 3. And then hold those two parallel lines placed right after Quick Launch bar and move them towards left until they hide Quick Launch menus.
- 4. You can hide Cortana(Search) and Task View too, to move Quick Launch bar right beside Start button.
Also Read: How to Schedule Whatsapp messages
So these are the following simple steps to get the WIndows XP Quick Launch Bar in your Windows 10. I hope you got the XP Quick launch bar and that you can enjoy your frequently used apps with a single click.
Let us know the usefulness of this article for you and if you have any suggestions, feel free to leave your comment in the comments section below.
Thank you. 🙂